Review: Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox #2), By Julie Kawaga

Brief Information I summarize from the book:


So a  thousand years ago, warrior Kage Hirotaka made a wish to Harbinger of Change in order to seek vengeance for the one who killed his family. When the wish granted by the Harbinger of Change, the great Kami Dragon, a sword of rage and lightning was forged. Kamigoroshi, The Godslayer had only one task.The sword was supposed to seal away a powerful demon named Hakaimono. However, now he has broken free. 


Yumeko is a half-Kitsune, she has one task to protect her piece of Thousand Prayers scroll and take to the Steel Feather temple to prevent someone from the Harbinger of Change, the great Kami Dragon. Because, whoever has all three parts of Thousand Prayers can  summon the Harbinger of Change, the great Kami Dragon in order to make one wish. However, a huge unexpected problem happens and now her and her comrades must hurry to save Kage Tatsumi of the Shadow Clan who is now possessed by Hakaimono and protect  her piece of Thousand Prayers scroll.

My Review


Soul of the Sword is the second book in “The Shadow of the Fox” Trilogy. This book continues where the first book has ended. This book is really good, I like the whole concept for this book. I have never read a  book that is infused with a Japanese Mythology theme. Until now, I read this new trilogy by Julie Kagawa. I really loved reading about Japanese Mythology.

I like the fact at the back of the book has glossary with the definitions of each word and I like the map. This book has really strong character development. I really like all the main characters.  

With that being said, I can't to read the last book in the trilogy which called "Night of the Dragon"

    
Sincerely, 

LKG

--------------

BookAkery:

https://www.facebook.com/BookAkery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Break Recap

BookAkery Newsletter

BookAkery Newsletter