Mid-November Book Update πŸ“š


Graphic Novel I read in November

Almost American Girl: An Illustrated Memoir, by Robin Ha (credited: Goodreads)

  ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars 


In the 1990s, Korea-born Robin and her mother usually went on
vacations together.Being a single mother, Robin family doesn't fit the
conventional mold. So when her mother takes them on a vacation to
Huntsville, Alabama. Robin thinks everything is fine.

Until, she abruptly found out the true reason why they permanently
relocated to Huntsville, Alabama. Struggles with extreme culture shock
and isolation, until she discovers her passion for comic arts

 


Trigger warnings: being a child of separated parents, racism, bullying, abusive

teacher, cheating, traditional and harmful views in regards to women and beauty


My Review

This my first time reading a memoir about Korean immigration. Almost American Girl: An Illustrated Memoir is a fascinating reading experience. It is a sad, happy coming of age story about finding who you are, and finding the love for arts. 



"Under the Moon: A Catwoman tale" , by Lauren Myracle and illustrator Isaac Goodhart
⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 stars

Being a fan of catwoman, I knew going into this graphic novel that it was going to be a different from the adult catwoman because this was about a 14 year old
Selina Kyle and how and why she came to be. This graphic novel has "Trigger Warnings for: self-harm, animal cruelty, domestic abuse, and suicide." I like and enjoyed reading this graphic novel, but I did not like the way it abruptly ended. I kind of was expecting more of the story.



Books I finished reading


Soul of the Sword (A Shadow Of The Fox #2), by Julie Kagawa (Read Nov, 2020)

⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars


Book review coming soon







 Queen of Air Darkness, by Cassandra Clare    (Read ,Oct, 2020)   

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars


I decided that I will not do a book review for Queen of Air and
Darkness, because there are too many spoilers in this book and I don’t
want to ruin Queen of Air and Darkness, for people who have not read it
or any other books in “The Dark Artifices” Trilogy. So, all I can say is I
really like this book




Queen of Air Darkness is the last book in “The Dark Artifices” Trilogy, However, Queen of Air Darkness had an open ending which means the book ended, but it left an opening set up for "The Wicked Powers." Series. I don’t know when "The Wicked Powers." Series. Will come out because Cassandra Clare is currently working on “The Last Hours.” 


    
Sincerely, 

LKG

--------------

BookAkery:

https://www.facebook.com/BookAkery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Break Recap

BookAkery Newsletter

BookAkery Newsletter