Stories I read in two months


Photo credit: DillPickle Photography,
Over the course of two months I have read the Simonverse Series by Becky Albertalli. The first book I read that was written by Becky Albertalli was “The upside of unrequited,”. I really did enjoy reading this book and I believe I would like the other books. You know when I read “The upside of unrequited,” I didn't know it was apart of a book series. So, I guess I actually read the second book in Simonverse Series. Nevertheless, let continue my journey through the Simonverse Series.



Simonverse Series by Becky Albertalli



Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda (Simonverse Series #1) Credited: Goodreads

I really like Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda and I think this is a really well written book.. Simon was a great character and liked being able to read through his perspective. I like Simon’s close relationship with his family and friends. The little family moments had me laughing. 

The whole guessing game when trying to figure out Blue's identity was fun and I like that his favorite cookies were Oreo's (side note: I really like Oreo's). This book was adorably cute and sweet, and witty. I was happy the book did not end after the climax when Blue was revealed in the book.

 

Leah on the Offbeat (Simonverse Series #3)

Let's take another journey into the Simonverse, this time we are following Leah Burke story. Leah is Simon's best friend and she is a drummer in a girl-brand. This story takes place during senior year. When it comes to drumming Leah is always on; however, when come to real life the rhythm is off-beat


My Review

So, I read Leah on the Offbeat and I had mixed feelings about this book. On one hand I like the book and at the same time some parts I didn't like. I mean sometimes I like Leah Burke and sometimes I don't.


The whole references to pop culture were pretty awesome and the diversity. I like the fact that she was honest and the way she has to call out people. However, she can be really rude and I didn’t like her sarcastic attitude.


“I swear, people can’t wrap their minds around the concept of a fat girl who doesn’t diet. Is it that hard to believe I might actually like my body?" I like the fact that Leah is a character who loves her body and does not care what society thinks.



Love, Creekwood(A Simonverse Novella)

It's been more than a year since Simon and Blue turned their anonymous online flirtation into an IRL relationship and just a few months since Abby and Leah's unforgettable night at senior prom. Now the Creekwood High crew are first years at different colleges, navigating friendship and romance the way their story began - on email.




 My Review

  

As you know I have read Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda, and Leah on the Offbeat. I have recently just found out about the novella. I really like Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda and like Leah on the Offbeat. So, of course, why wouldn’t I read this book. 


Love Creekwood is written in email format. Normally I don’t read email format books, but when I do. I generally like to read both a story line and while including the email format. However, based on some of the novellas I have read by other authors.  I think “Love, Creekwood” was  not a bad novella. It was just average for me.


Rated Simonverse Novel and Novella by Becky Albertalli


Simon vs The The Homo Sapiens Agenda  (book # 1),   ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars

The Upside of Unrequited (book #2), ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars

Leah on the Offbeat (book #3) , ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4 stars

Love, Creekwood (A Simonverse Novella), ⭐⭐⭐ 3.5 stars 


Sincerely, 

LKG

--------------

BookAkery:

https://www.facebook.com/BookAkery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Break Recap

BookAkery Newsletter

BookAkery Newsletter